I’ve been really missing porridge since the weather has gotten hotter but I just can’t bring myself to make a hot steamy comforting bowl of porridge when the suns out! What’s the solution? Making overnight oats!!
These overnight oats are creamy, sweet and so satisfying! The addition of my new found obsession – Mani Life peanut butter – gives them a delicious crunchy, nutty texture and taste which is so yummy, especially when paired with fresh strawberries! It is almost dessert like with the flavors of peanut butter along with a thick pudding consistency, and who doesn’t want desert for breakfast?!
What’s great about overnight oats is that they are SO easy and you make them the night before so come breakfast time you don’t have to do anything, just pop a spoon in and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats,
- 1 tbsp chia seeds,
- 1/2 tbsp honey (I used Royal Green organic 100% pure honey from Eterno Naturals)
- 1/2 mashed banana,
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk,
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter (I would HIGHLY recommend you try ManiLife Crunchy Peanut Butter - It's the best plain peanut butter I've ever tried! The creators use Argentinian peanuts as they're the tastiest in the world! It contains no palm oil or sugar and honestly tastes so heavenly and rich! Trust me on this one!),
- A couple of sliced strawberries for decoration.
- Add the peanut butter, chia seeds, honey and banana to a bowl and stir to form a paste.
- Add in the almond milk and oats and mix well. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning top with more peanut butter and some slices strawberries and enjoy! I add a dash more milk to make it a bit runnier too.