I have been going through a real smoothie phase recently. When I decided to greatly reduce my grain intake a few months ago, I was dreading giving up hearty porridge and granola in the mornings, but it hasn’t been all that bad. Smoothies, when made right, can be very satisfying and filling enough to keep you going until lunch.
My fatigue levels have been at an all time high recently, so when Unbelievable Health asked me to create a recipe using ingredients known to boost energy and brain function, it was great timing! They have just launched a new natural supplement – Bee Energised – which contains ingredients that help maintain a steady stream of energy, concentration levels and mental alertness throughout the day, without the jitters and crashes. These ingredients include organic Bee pollen, matcha tea, spirulina, ginseng, green tea leaf, & rose hips along with Vitamin B6 & Vitamin B12. Benefits build with time to help resolve ongoing issues of fatigue & lethargy so I am looking forward to trying it out over a period of time. This recipe uses their new supplement and contains nuts, seeds, spinach, avocado blueberries and coconut oil that all promote brain health. Nuts, spinach, coconut oil and hemp seeds also help to build energy levels!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Bee Energised capsule (opened up and powder poured in)
- Toppings - additional berries, desicated coconut and pecan nuts
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. I use my amazing Optimum 9200 power blender as it makes smoothies (and everything really) ultra smooth and creamy! Add more liquid to reach your desired consistency. I like mine nice and thick!
- Pour into two bowls and top with berries, desiccated coconut and pecan nuts, or whatever you fancy! Enjoy :)