When Seasonal Berries wanted to work me again on a new project I was thrilled. I really enjoyed working with them on their Berries Say Summer Campaign last year by creating my Healthy Apple & Summer Berry Crumble – you can find the recipe here. This time I was challenged to create a recipe with blueberries from all the way over in Chile! You can find more about the little nutritional powerhouses over on the Seasonal Berries website.
Somehow it’s February already…how has that happened? January was a very quiet month for me as I spent most of it hibernating after all of the busy festivities over christmas to let my poorly body recover, but it still seemed to go very quickly. This month it’s Pancake Day, my Birthday and the day of lurveee so it should be a good month
I love pancake day! Last year my boyfriend and I made something a bit different with these Mexican Buckwheat Savoury Pancakes and I plan on doing the same this year with these Paleo Banana Pancakes and Hot Blueberry Sauce. Up until the last couple of years, I’ve always had regular pancakes with either nutella and banana or the classic lemon and sugar. As much as I love those combinations, not only does my diet not allow them anymore, but I now enjoy branching out and experimenting with different pancake recipes and toppings/fillings. Making pancakes without any grains was a success and whatsmore, these pancakes are SO easy to rustle up with only two main ingredients (banana and eggs)!
They’re light, fluffy and deliciously sweet and simply amazing with hot blueberry sauce on top and a dollop of thick coconut cream! I hope you love them <3
- Banana Pancakes
- 1 large, very ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Optional to thicken: 1 tbsp buckwheat flour
- Coconut oil for frying
- Blueberry Compote
- Large handful of Chilean blueberries
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- Mash your banana in a bowl. Add in the rest of the pancake ingredients and beat together with a whisk. The mixture will be quite thin so you can add the 1 tbsp of buckwheat flour here if you think it needs it.
- Get your blueberry compote on by adding the ingredients to a small pan over a medium/low heat. Keep an eye on it whilst you make your pancakes and add a splash more water if it becomes too thick.
- To make the pancakes, add a tsp of coconut oil to a large frying pan set over a medium heat.
- Put 2 tbsp of your mixture into the pan to form a pancake. If you're using a large pan there should be room to make two at the same time.
- Cook for 2 minutes and then gently flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side until golden.
- Keep them warm whilst you make the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes hot and loaded with hot blueberry sauce and a dollop of coconut cream! Enjoy :)