This asian Sweet Potato & Cashew Salad is my go-to lunch at the moment. Since moving onto more of a paleo type diet, I have been living off sweet potatoes – they’re full of vitamins and fiber, and delicious no matter if they’re seasoned sweet or savoury. I have even put them in brownies!
Anything with roasted sweet potatoes is bound to be delicious and this salad is no exception. Smooth creamy potato, crisp salad leaves and a zingy, nutty dressing, oh so good, you have got to give this one a try! And it’s very simple to make. I have been making bigger quantities of the dressing so that it lasts me a few meals.
- 1 medium/large sweet potato
- Handful of cashew nuts
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- A couple of handfuls of mixed rocket & spinach
- 1/2 carrot grated
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tbsp tahini
- Preheat your oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- Cut the sweet potato into thin wedges.
- Mix the sweet potato in a bowl with the olive oil, tamari and some salt & pepper.
- Roast the potato in the oven for 30-35 minutes until cooked through and browned nicely.
- Make the asian dressing by whisking the garlic, ginger, sesame oil, lime juice and tahini together with 1-2 tbsp of water.
- Toast the cashews in a pan for a few minutes until golden.
- Plate the salad leaves, carrot and cashews in a bowl, toss over the sweet potato and drizzle over the asian dressing. Enjoy :)