Made with no grains, and using a tiny 1/2 tsp honey instead of sugar, this Paleo Bread is very low carb, high in protein and delicious! This loaf is also so easy to make – you do not have to knead the dough or wait for the bread to rise. You simply mix all of the ingredients together and, within just over half an hour, you have a loaf ready to munch on!
Since starting the paleo diet, I have found breakfast really difficult. I am totally fine at lunch time and in the evening but breakfast I’m finding it quite limiting. I love eggs and avocado but without bread I find there isn’t enough texture and there’s too much ‘mush,’ and cooking meat is sometimes a bit fiddly when I am really fatigued and just want something instant. So this Paleo bread is fab as it means I can still enjoy a quick breakfast! If I dont fancy eggs I quite often just have a slice toasted with some almond butter!
Recipe adapted from Elena's Pantry Gluten-free Paleo Bread
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour (or any nut flour milled in a Nutribullet. I used a mixture of almond, hazelnut, walnut and cashew)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup golden flax meal
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp pure honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Place the nut flour, coconut flour, flax, salt and baking soda in a food processor and pulse ingredients together.
- Beat the eggs with the vinegar and pulse in. Melt coconut oil and honey and pulse in.
- Transfer batter to a greased loaf tin. Bake at 180C/gas mark 4 in the centre of the oven for 35 minutes or until your knife comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool for 5 mins and then remove carefully. Allow to cool fully before serving. Great on its own with butter or toasted! Enjoy :)