Autumn is here! It’s my favourite season by a long way – I love the crisp sunny mornings, the leaves changing colour, cosy jumpers, pumpkin spiced lattes and candles! The cooler weather also means the start of soup season – the ultimate comfort food. They’re cheap, easy and just great to keep in your freezer if your lacking in energy to cook. So to start the season off I’m sharing my Creamy Pea Soup with you today which is so easy to make and only requires two main ingredients – peas and sweet potato!
This soup has a lovely creaminess that comes from the sweet potato and coconut milk and if you like you can add a touch of mint too. It works well as a light lunch or dinner with some chunky crusty bread or oatcakes. Sweet and slightly spicy, this soup will keep you warm and satisfied today!
- 1/2 large sweet potato cut into bitesize cubes
- 2 onions diced
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- Sprinkle of chilli flakes
- Sprinkle of mixed herbs
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 200ml (1/2 can of coconut milk)
- 200g frozen peas,
- Juice of 1/2 lime,
- Pink himalayan salt & pepper
- Add you onion to a large pan with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Fry on a medium heat for five minutes. Add in the garlic, chill flakes, herbs and fry for a further couple of minutes.
- Add your sweet potato and vegetable stock to the pan, bring to a boil and the reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes or until the potato is just tender.
- Add in your peas and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in your coconut milk and lime juice and gently bring the soup to a boil before turning it off.
- Blend using a hand bender and season to taste. Enjoy :)