I love ice lollies in the summer! I know it is almost over now but the sun is still shining down here in Cornwall and you don’t need the sun to be out to enjoy one! Traditional ice lollies are laden with refined sugar but these little ice pops are sugar free but still super sweet. They’re refreshing, fruity and creamy and a lovely little treat.
Anti-inflammatory Mango & Coconut Ice Pops have some amazing health benefits – they contain ginger, cinnamon and turmeric which are all natural, very powerful anti-inflammatories so they are very soothing if you have a sore throat. Pure honey has antibacterial and anti fungal properties which could also help if you’re fighting off a cold/sore throat. I also added in a Bee Prepared Max Strength Immune Support capsule to give these pops a further health boost. The Bee Prepared vitamin capsules contain additional natural anti-inflammatory properties, antibiotic & antiviral properties AND one of the ingredients – propolis – has been shown in numerous studies to help heal damaged/inflamed tissue faster, so again great for an inflamed sore throat! Now that the cold weather is on its way and cold/flu season begins, getting all of these nutrients into your body will help keep those bugs at bay and help keep symptoms under control when they do occur.
- 1 mango fresh or frozen (skin removed and cut into chunks),
- Juice of 1/2 lemon,
- 1-2 tsp pure local honey,
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon,
- 1/4 tsp turmeric,
- Small knob of fresh ginger (skin removed and grated),
- Splash of water,
- Coconut cream (scrapped from the top of a can of full-fat coconut milk) or Coyo coconut yoghurt
- 1 Bee Prepared Max Strength Immune Support capsule (opened up and powder poured in).
- What you'll need
- 8 small plastic cups,
- 4 colourful paper straws cut into halves,
- High speed blender - I use & would highly recommend the Optimum 9200 Next Generation Blender from Froothie UK.
- Add all of your ingredients into your blender except the coconut cream/yoghurt. Blend until a thick smoothie consistency is formed.
- Pour mixture into the plastic cups to 3/4 full. Place your straw halves into the centre of the cups.
- Put your cups in the freezer for 1/2 hour. Remove from the freezer and top each cup with coconut cream until just full and put them back in the freezer to freeze completely - overnight is best.
- Once frozen remove from the freezer and run under warm water for a few seconds to allow you to pull the ice lollies out of the cups. Enjoy immediately 😊 Store remaining ice lollies in the freezer.